Savory WafflesAug 03, 2021
A LITTLE SWEET, A LITTLE SAVORY….PERFECT FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER!
These savory waffles are a family favorite these days. Whether you take the time to make fresh waffles or pick some ready-made ones at the grocery store –I suspect you’ll enjoy them either way. 🙂 With a little Trader Joe’s GF pancake mix and a waffle iron, my sis makes the most delicious fresh waffles. She does one batch with blueberries and cinnamon that we top with butter and maple syrup. And then a plain patch for these savory waffles.
- 4 waffles
- 4 tbsp cream cheese or 8 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast waffles
- Spread 1 tbsp cream cheese or 2 tbsp cottage cheese on each waffle
- Evenly distribute tomaotes, cucumbers and herbs on waffles
- Sprinkle each waffle with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Vegan — swap out cream cheese or cottage cheese with hummus, avocado or favorite dairy-free alternative to cream cheese.
- Gluten Free — if you’re using GF waffles, you’re all set!
- Ayurvedic Tips–
- Vata– this a pretty wholesome summertime meal for you, but if you Vata is aggravated, sweet, sour and salty is what will help balance you, so be sure to add that pinch of salt, and if you want a little diced avocado on top, that would also be grounding for you.
- Pitta — if your pitta is aggravated, sweet, bitter and astringent is what will help bring balance to you. So swap out tomatoes for thinly sliced radishes and add a little diced avocaod on top.
- Kapha– if your kapha is aggravated, spicy, bitter and astringent is what will help balance you. So, omit the dairy and replace wtih hummus and be sure to add that black pepper on top. In addition, you could add somethinly sliced radishes, pickled jalepenos or red chili flakes.
Here are a few ways we could work together:
- Ayurvedic Dosha Consultation— one-time consultation - learn your dosha
- Lifestyle Medicine Course + Group Coaching— 12-week program - learn how to support your dosha
- Meditation Dabbler to Daily Practitioner— 4-week program
- 1:1 Well-being Coaching— 3-6 month engagements
- Free Printables Library— free resources and tools to help you on your well-being journey
Stay In Touch
Join our mailing list for on-going inspiration to help you nourish your body, energize your mind and feed your soul.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.